For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
– John 3:16 NIV
Unjustly condemned for blasphemy and sedition, Jesus was crucified, suffered the depths of human pain and gave his life for the sins of the world. God raised Jesus from the dead, vindicated his sinless life, broke the power of sin and evil, and delivered us from death to life eternal.
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. – John 1:17 NIV
Jesus proclaimed the reign of God: Preached good news to the poor; released those held spiritually captive; taught by word and deed; blessed the children; healed the sick; mended the brokenhearted; ate with outcasts; forgave sinners, and called all to repent and believe the Gospel.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, both God and man.
- He reveals the divine and human natures as perfectly and inseparably united.
- He is the eternal Word made flesh, the only begotten Son of the Father, born of the Virgin Mary by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- He lived, suffered and died on the cross. He was buried, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven to be with the Father.
- He will come again.
- He is both Savior and Mediator who intercedes for us.